Durbin Announces $675,000 in DOT Funding for Springfield Airport
[WASHINGTON, D.C.] – Assistant Senate Majority Leader Dick Durbin (D-IL) today announced that the Department of Transportation has awarded a $675,379 grant to Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport in Springfield, Illinois. The grant will provide funding for the following five projects at the airport:
• Rehabilitation of the terminal building lighting. The existing lighting is past its useful life and inefficient. The new lighting will be more efficient and reliable;
• Acquisition of a power sweeper vehicle. The airport currently does not have a sweeper vehicle. The sweeper will enable the airport to quickly remove debris and tire rubber buildup from the runways, taxiways and aprons;
• Design of the taxiway 'G' widening. The existing taxiway does not meet standard width requirements;
• Acquisition of a snow plow blade for snow removal. The airport is replacing an existing snow plow blade that is past its useful life;
• Update of the Airport Layout Plan which will include new survey requirements and updated airport design standards.
Previous Article Next Article