Federal Agency Assistance

As your Senator, one of my highest priorities is to aid Illinois constituents who have an outstanding claim with a federal agency or otherwise need assistance from the federal government.

Many Illinoisans are seeking help from the federal government related to COVID-19 and the national emergency. Some issues facing constituents as a result of COVID-19 include:

  • Unemployment compensation;
  • Small business loans;
  • Federal stimulus payments;
  • Personal protective equipment;
  • U.S. citizens and residents stranded abroad.

If you require assistance from a federal agency on these issues or any other issue related to this national emergency, you can request assistance from my office here

Federal Agencies are created by federal law, and overseen by the President and his appointees. Examples of federal agencies include the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Social Security Administration, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service and the U.S. Passport Agency.

My staff in Illinois is currently working remotely and making every effort to provide constituents with appropriate resources or to obtain timely and accurate information on the status of previously submitted claims at federal agencies. (If you are a resident of another state, please click here to find your Senators.)

Please note: Constituents must reach out to my office for casework assistance via my webpage or phone. 

Additionally, federal law requires us to have a signed Privacy Release Form before my staff can discuss your case with an agency. Please fill out the applicable form and send it to my office.

  • Social Security Help

    If you have applied for benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA) and have been denied, or if you need my office’s assistance with a Social Security issue, please click on the link above and fill out the form. 

  • Veterans Help

    My staff may be able to help if you have a question about your VA benefits, would like to know the status of your VA claim, or if you have gone through your chain of command, but haven’t been able to resolve your issue. Please click the above link to fill out the form. 

  • Passport Help

    If you need assistance obtaining a U.S. Passport or have applied for a U.S. Passport, please click the above link and fill out the form.

  • Immigration Help

    If you need assistance with information regarding the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or a U.S. Embassy abroad, please click the above link and fill out the form. A member of my staff may be able to assist you.

  • Other Help

    For all other federal agencies, please complete the Privacy Release form found in this section and send it to my Illinois offices, along with a letter describing your situation and the other type of assistance you need. My staff will contact you if additional information is needed.