Durbin Announces Over $5 Million in Additional Department of Labor Grants for Illinois Youth
[WASHINGTON, D.C.] - U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) today announced the U.S. Department of Labor has awarded five grants totaling in $5,127,556 to YouthBuild organizations throughout Illinois.
YouthBuild assists out-of-school youth in obtaining their diplomas or GEDs while providing occupational training in the construction industry. Participants in the program include individuals who have been in the juvenile justice system, youth aging out of foster care, high school dropouts and others. The curriculum is rigorous and provides the foundation for entry and success in post-secondary educational institutions and employment.
Under this announcement, the following YouthBuild organizations will receive funding for from the U.S. Department of Labor:
- Peoria, Illinois: $1,100,000 in funding to the City of Peoria Workforce Development Department;
- Cairo, Illinois: $727,557 in funding to the Delta Center, Inc.;
- Godfrey, Illinois: $1,100,000 in funding to Lewis and Clark Community College;
- Chicago, Illinois: $1,099,999 in funding to St. Augustine College; and
- Normal, Illinois: $1,100,000 in funding to YMBC Inc.
Previous Article Next Article