Durbin Announces Over $5 Million in Department of Labor Grants for Illinois Youth
[WASHINGTON, D.C.] – U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) today announced the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has awarded five grants totaling in $5,499,644 to YouthBuild organizations throughout Illinois.
YouthBuild assists out-of-school youth in obtaining their diplomas or GEDs while providing occupational training in the construction industry. Participants in the program include individuals who have been in the juvenile justice system, youth aging out of foster care, high school dropouts and others. The curriculum is rigorous and provides the foundation for entry and success in post-secondary educational institutions and employment.
Under this announcement, the following YouthBuild organizations will receive funding for from the US Department of Labor:
• Chicago - $1,100,000 in funding to OAI Inc.
• North Chicago - $1,100,000 in funding to YouthBuild Lake County Inc.
• East St. Louis - $1,100,000 in funding to the Emerson Park Development Corporation.
• Rockford – $1,099,981 in funding for Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc.
• Mt. Vernon - $1,099,663 in funding for United Methodist Children’s Home.
Previous Article Next Article