Durbin Meets With Illinois Chapters Of Boys And Girls Club Of America
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) today met with leaders of Illinois chapters of the Boys and Girls Club of America (BGCA) to discuss academic recovery after the COVID-19 pandemic, youth mentoring, and student mental and physical well-being. During their meeting, Durbin learned more about BGCA’s after-school programing that focuses on addressing students’ academic needs as well as health and wellness.
“The Boys and Girls Club of America serve nearly four million youth across our country by providing opportunities for academic advancement, mentorship, and workforce development. I’m grateful that our youngest Illinoisans can find support within this organization,” said Durbin. “I’ll continue to be a strong federal partner of the Boys and Girls Club of America and advocate for the staff and youth who gain so much from this program.”
A photo of the meeting is available here.
Today’s meeting included leadership from the following chapters:
- Boys & Girls Club of Dundee Township
- Boys & Girls Club of Chicago
- Boys & Girls Club of Livingston County
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Illinois
- Boys & Girls Club of Elgin
- Boys & Girls Club of the Mississippi Valley
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater St. Louis
- Union League Boys & Girls Club
Previous Article Next Article