Durbin Statement on Illinois Constiutents Stranded in Mexico Following Hurricane
[WASHINGTON, D.C.] - U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) today issued the following statement on his efforts to coordinate with the State Department to ensure that Illinois families stranded in Los Cabos, Mexico following Hurricane Odile are remain safe and are able to travel home as soon as possible.
“I have heard from dozens of Illinois constituents with friends and family that are among the thousands stranded in Los Cabos, Mexico following Hurricane Odile. I have been working closely with the State Department and the State of Illinois to make certain everything possible is being done to ensure their safe return,” said Durbin. “I have shared with the State Department the concerning reports of looting and reduced access to food and drinking water. They have assured me that the evacuation of U.S. citizens is a top priority and they have teams on the ground working around the clock to provide assistance and identify flights back to the U.S.”
Illinois constituents requiring personal assistance should contact the State Department directly:
- From the U.S. & Canada: 1-888-407-4747
- From Overseas: 1-202-501-4444
- Email: OdileEmergencyUSC@state.gov
- If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance and are unable to get through using the numbers above, the emergency number for the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana is (619) 692-2154 (dialing from the U.S. 011-52 + phone number).
Illinois constituents wishing to inquire on behalf of a friend or family member should:
- Visit the following website: https://tfa.state.gov/ccd/ (please select 2014 Hurricane Odile from the drop-down menu and enter as much information as possible)
- Or email: OdileEmergencyUSC@state.gov
Previous Article Next Article